Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Little Break (Figuratively and Semi-Literally)

Once again, I find myself apologizing for things being so quiet around here. Things have been unsettled in Chez Marshmallow for a few weeks now, as we've been preparing for an upcoming event that would put me in a different position; less standing at the stove watching sizzling, bubbling, burbling pots and instead more sitting, looking at this:
Last Thursday I underwent ankle surgery, thanks to a hole in the sidewalk that I managed to find with my shoe heel last New Year's Eve. The prognosis is good; everything has been repaired, resected, and resewn, but I have two and a half more weeks of no-weight-bearing to muddle through before I can get back into the big, black, heavy walking boot that I never thought I would actually look forward to. I have a few backed-up posts that I can put up in the meantime to break the silence, and I'm really hoping to get back to the stove soon. Hubband has been keeping me well fed with lovely homey meals (although I sent him out for Thai food tonight, whee!) and taking better care of me than anyone could ask for. Many thanks to Mom as well, for running over while Hubband has been at work this week and making so many things easier. 

No comments: